Vote us every week
           BF4 Clans - Battlefield 4 websites

Asking for some improv. @ UP-Community 3-Best 150% TDM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Asking for some improv. @ UP-Community 3-Best 150% TDM

Post by GRUBENGRABGERAET on 4th February 2014, 04:56

Hello together,

i think some of you know who i am Smile *bämbäm*. I say hello to you all Razz

Now to the actual. Me and my friend spend 90% of our spare time over weeks at your UP-Community 3 Server.
We really liked it... Yes you heared right.. we liked it... We tried different servers and checked their configurations.

I think there there must be some improvements to give a better gameplay which are very necessary in my opinion.

1) set a ping limit to 100ms. (i see daily people with pings about 150-180ms who can´t be hit and who distord the gameplay.
 => much players hate that and leave the server.. i´ve seen it often)

2) Change TDM Kill limits up to 200 points and domination points up to 500 points. This will ends in better squad and teamplay.
 I seen this every day at other servers and everyone like it.

3) Please please please add the China rising maps.!!!!! They are really funny and are wonderful to play in domination.

4) Change mode rotation: 2x DOM => 1x TDM => 2x DOM => 1x TDM

5) Change Map rotation: orginal map, china rising map, next addon map, orginal map, china rising... and so on

My friends and me don´t want to change the community... Neutral 
Hope this will help you to improve your server.

Will see you at the server. byyyee and greetings from Germany  clown 

GRUBENGRABGERAET

GRUBENGRABGERAET

UP-Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: Asking for some improv. @ UP-Community 3-Best 150% TDM

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 05:06

1) We have ping limit set to 140 but we can manually kick if someone is really lagging.
There is never a limit where people are happy about ping. Some of us want it to be 120, I want to keep it on 140 and you want to 100. Someone said in server it should be 60.  Most of the problems are anyway in the netcode, not ping itself (and people who uses mobile connection have a low ping but they are hard to shoot down and are lagging, so actually we should try to identify mobile internet connections but there is no plugin for that.

2) Changing server tickets higher makes server custom. At the moment plugin tries to set it to 150% when certain amount of players. Custom = harder to start, so it should be set when server has already a lot of people. I don't know actually is that plugin working or not. Will look after it.Anyway first round is always 100% because of this custom reason. When Dice releases freely customized tickets without server going to custom (if it will never do that) then its no problem, we had 250-400% tdm in BF3.

3) We had china rising maps, server was a pain to start, because no one seemed to like them. We look situation again later, when second DLC comes available to all.

4) We have a mapvote, it goes by mapvote. People can choose what map they want to play.We don't use fixed rotations in any server and we keep that way.

5) look answer 3.

Thanks for the input.

Update 11.02. Server ping limiter is set to 120.

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 10th February 2014, 20:58; edited 2 times in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

UP-Points : 6667
Birthday : 1938-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartaner179 on 4th February 2014, 05:10

Hey there.. Smile
I mostly agree with you for example the ping limit.
Tdm 200 and Dom 500 is in my opinion a bit to much but ok..
I would totaly agree with adding more maps to the circle because
at the moment its almost only Operation Locker, Paracel storm and Rogue
Transmission. I miss many maps and it gets after about 5 rounds pretty boring Sad
For the China Rising I like some of them but for example the big dessert map is bullshit
because you can shoot from the outside to the inside which is depressing if you want
to play the objective as you should..

Lets see what the others say Smile

Spartaner179

UP-Points : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUBENGRABGERAET on 4th February 2014, 05:14

1) if really see some server performance lost at players with a ping upper  100ms.

2) i think to start up the server is no problem with the whole changes´. i see it at other server who are very similar with that written settings.
If the server will be liked more players will come.

3) see 2

4) mapvote won´t be used. perhaps in 1% of all players.
and everyone is crying if the same map will load at the second or third time.
=> turn it off

i forget 6) Please rise up player slots to 28! over 20 will very funny an gives up a tactical component

@spartaner: desert map is nice in domination but not in TDM mode

Last edited by GRUBENGRABGERAET on 4th February 2014, 05:15; edited 1 time in total

GRUBENGRABGERAET

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 05:14

We had all maps in the beginning (vanilla maps) but most of them are really just camping maps, so they were removed. I can always add more vanilla maps, but I know then people will complain again. Adding maps to rotation (not china DLC) is not hard, I can do it quite fast, but with china we have to pass this time, because of the problems on server starting or server keeping it's player count. And only 2 of those 4 China DLC maps are ok. :)6) For financial reasons, we don't add any slots to any servers

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 05:17; edited 1 time in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GRUBENGRABGERAET on 4th February 2014, 05:17

@ jaska: just look at other tdm/dom servers with china rising. they are all full of people. without are mostly empty.

now. time to eat. see you all in the evening. bye

GRUBENGRABGERAET

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 05:19

GRUBENGRABGERAET wrote:@ jaska: just look at other tdm/dom servers with china rising. they are all full of people. without are mostly empty.

now. time to eat. see you all in the evening. bye
@Gruben, we had china DLC in our server 1 month, it was good 2 weeks, after that it was pain in the ass to start. We look this situation again later in next staff meeting. Before that, no changes.
Cu in the battlefield.

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 06:00; edited 1 time in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 4th February 2014, 05:52

Hainar Resort Domination added. Tickets up to 150% working now, it was stuck in 100%. This goes by playercount, starting from 100, then 130% is next step, then 140% and last step 150%.
Mapvote changed a bit, that less popular maps are coming to options more often.
I look server stats, usually someone is always using mapvote, not all. I always vote if I play next round.

Also server 3 ping limiter is set to 120 from 11.02.2014.

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 10th February 2014, 20:56; edited 1 time in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^AlterRed on 4th February 2014, 15:44

Coming in late to this one. Thanks for your input - it's really fun to see that someone from our player base takes the time to actually provide feedback - and as Jaska said, we'll definitely work through it in our next staff meeting. 

Just one comment re the China rising maps - I think it's easy to see servers running with those maps on, but what you probably don't see is the work behind the scenes it takes to get them started. When we had those maps running, it took absolutely forever to get the dom server started, and it's time taken from all of us who help out with server starting. in the end, it's just not worth the effort. I'm however cautiously optimistic regarding the 2nd assault maps, and hope that those will add more infantry focused gameplay as well. 

Anyway, thanks again and catch you on our dom server!
UP^AlterRed
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum