BF4 Clans - Battlefield 4 websites

UPcoming PC patch

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UPcoming PC patch

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 27th January 2014, 06:17

UPDATED JAN 27:
Upcoming Game Update
We are aiming to get a new update live for all platforms at the end of January/beginning of February (timing might change.) This update will include a number of stability improvements, tweaks, and fixes. We will get back to you with the change notes as the update goes live.

Upcoming Gameplay Balancing
We are actively looking for your feedback on a couple of core gameplay balancing items. Head to this Battlefield Blog post [blogs.battlefield.com] to make your voice heard. In the upcoming weeks, we will also share a large number of balancing tweaks that we are making to Battlefield 4 in future updates, including changes to DMR performance, anti-air, and more.

BF4 Multiplayer Experience
We are looking to improve a number of items to further enhance the overall multiplayer experience. We will share more details on this in February. In the meantime, thanks for your feedback on items that you have helped us identify.

The Battlefield 4 Control Room is where we gather all the latest intel on what we are doing to constantly improve the game based on your feedback. We at DICE have a long tradition of supporting our games and our community well after the release of a title. While millions of players are enjoying Battlefield 4, we are aware that some players are experiencing issues with the game. While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving these is our #1 priority.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

UP-Points : 6667
Birthday : 1938-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: UPcoming PC patch

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 27th January 2014, 06:27

UPCOMING VEHICLE TWEAKS
Aircraft and Anti-Aircraft
1) Reduced the total amount of missiles carried by the Mobile Anti-Aircraft vehicles from 6 to 4. The total carried missiles were making it impossible for helicopters to use counter measures to avoid the MAA’s attacks.
2) Reduced the velocity of the MAA’s default 20MM CANNON from 1200m/s to 800m/s to match the 30MM CANNON. This reduction reduces the distance projectiles will travel and should prevent situations where the MAA could engage enemy vehicles without leaving its protected home base. The damage of the cannons remains unchanged, and aircraft, especially helicopters, should remain wary of getting too close to a MAA.
3) Reduced the physical impact of all Anti-Aircraft missiles to prevent helicopters from flipping uncontrollably when hit. The damage values have not been changed.
4) Reduced the cone in which ACTIVE RADAR missiles search for targets, making them require a higher level of skill in predicting where a target will be when the missile is fired. The missiles were previously too easy to aim at long range, making them a guaranteed hit and a clear advantage over the other missile types.
5) Increased the direct damage done by the Attack Helicopter’s gunner cannon. The gunner will be better able to assist the pilot in taking down vehicle targets with this change.
6) Increased the direct hit damage of the Zuni Rockets for Attack Helicopters. The rate of fire of these rockets combined with their smaller magazine pool made them a poor choice over the other two rocket types.
7) Reduced the splash damage and maximum splash damage range of the Scout Helicopter 25MM CANNONS. These weapons were too effective against infantry with a higher splash, making them a clear choice over the 7.62 MINIGUNS in all combat situations. The 25MM CANNONS are intended to give the Scout Helicopter some measure of effectiveness against vehicles, at a clear trade off in effectiveness vs. infantry.
Tanks and Anti-Tank
1) Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. This keeps the MBT LAW in its role of an easy to use, fire and forget weapon available to all Engineers, while also balancing it with the other rocket launchers in favor of skilled AT shots. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.
2) Fixed an issue where ACTIVE PROTECTION and the MP-APS did not properly stop 12G FRAG rounds.
3) Reduced the range where the M2 SLAM will do maximum damage to vehicles from 6M to 3M. Players will now need to be craftier when placing the M2 SLAM in order to get the full damage potential of this ambush anti vehicle weapon. This change is to primarily counter a tactic of placing 3 mines in the same spot to guarantee a kill on any vehicle passing within 6m. The range was deemed to be too large, making the M2 SLAM far superior to the M15 AT MINE.
4) Reduced the damage the STAFF shell does to all targets by 25%. This should balance the ease of use of the STAFF shell with its damage potential.
Remember to check back in the Battlefield Blog during the week for more confirmed tweaks that we have planned for Battlefield 4. Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Source
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^RavenVM on 27th January 2014, 06:53

Where are my DMR fixes damn it?!

UP^RavenVM
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 27th January 2014, 07:15

These sound promising!
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 569

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ekyxor on 27th January 2014, 09:25

They should patch this bug when I troll people and my k/d goes suddenly down 0.05
UP^ekyxor
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 635
Birthday : 1990-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^v00rh33ss on 27th January 2014, 12:20

Meh, patch this, balance that. I think most people would prefer to be able to joim games first time, every time and not be shot around corners.

Feels like theyre dodgeing the real issue

UP^v00rh33ss

UP-Points : 107
Birthday : 1990-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 27th January 2014, 22:13

UP^v00rh33ss wrote:Meh, patch this, balance that. I think most people would prefer to be able to joim games first time, every time and not be shot around corners.

Very true. I'm guessing that the "netcode" will never be properly fixed in this game, in the same way that it was never fixed in BF3. That said, BF4 makes the BF3 netcode look good.

Yet before the launch of BF4, DICE were talking about how there were massive improvements to the netcode over BF3 and that BF4 would be one of the e-sport games of 2014. Lol!
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^v00rh33ss on 28th January 2014, 00:37

Yeah netcode plus shitty map design has much to be disired when it comez to esports

UP^v00rh33ss

UP-Points : 107
Birthday : 1990-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^bobiOG on 28th January 2014, 12:10

WTB below radar

UP^bobiOG

UP-Points : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by M0derator on 29th January 2014, 10:08

UPCOMING BF4 PISTOL TWEAKS
1) Increased the aimed accuracy of the M1911 to make it a viable choice once the COMPACT 45 has been unlocked. This gives the M1911 a clear accuracy advantage for range, while the COMPACT 45 has a clear ammunition per magazine advantage.
2) Increased the close range damage of the M1911, QSZ-92, FN57, CZ-75 and COMPACT 45. This will allow all pistols to bypass Body Armor at close range. Additionally, the FN57 and the QSZ-92 have had their long range damage increased to allow them to properly bypass Body Armor at all distances. Finally, the CZ-75 has also had its long range damage raised to give it a diverse role among the handguns.
3) Reduced the delay between pressing the trigger and the bullet firing for the M412 REX and .44 MAGNUM. This delay represents the way these weapons work in real life, while also improving their responsiveness in game.
4) Increased the magazine capacity of the QSZ-92 to 20 rounds, the proper amount for this weapon in real life. Additionally reduced the recoil of the QSZ-92 to give it a clear difference from the FN57.
5) Corrected a small error with the COMPACT 45 accuracy when crouched or prone. The weapon was accidently less accurate than intended.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/balancing-bf4-pistols/

M0derator
Senior VIP staff member
Senior VIP staff member

UP-Points : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 29th January 2014, 12:26

UP^v00rh33ss wrote:Meh, patch this, balance that. I think most people would prefer to be able to joim games first time, every time and not be shot around corners.

I'm with you here... I'm sick of getting "Error: Cannot connect to server" messages nearly everyday. It should be click on join server with no issues.

Crying or Very sad
UP^ScottehUK

UP-Points : 66
Birthday : 1988-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 29th January 2014, 22:30

Yeah, balance is nice, but fixing persistent bugs, glitches and crashes, and most importantly hit detection and hit box lag, is crucial.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 29th January 2014, 23:24

UP^StevieZombie wrote:Yeah, balance is nice, but fixing persistent bugs, glitches and crashes, and most importantly hit detection and hit box lag, is crucial.

Agreed. I feel that there are a lot of little bugs/glitches/crashes that are slipping through the cracks :/
UP^ScottehUK

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 29th January 2014, 23:26

Servers patched to R21. Patch notes will come here some day:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955064768683911198/

New game patch rolled out, 1.2GB, its quite huge for the patch/fixes. Maybe they do quite a lot of things there to change game totally. Let's see.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 29th January 2014, 23:29

1.2GB does seem quite large. Maybe it includes Second Assault maps? Or perhaps they've made some serious tweaks to the game engine? I guess we'll find out tonight.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 29th January 2014, 23:38

I would have thought the update would be larger if they included the second assault maps? The China rising expansion was around 4.8GB?

I feel it's more some seriously needed tweaks as you said Stevie. I'll be on later tonight to see the results! Also, as my internet is shockingly running on ADSL, I will be downloading it for most of this morning... Sad
UP^ScottehUK

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 29th January 2014, 23:42

1) Yell is working (and it' in the middle of the screen, everyone sees them. But it may also get stuck there.
2) admin messages are in different colour chat
3) Now we can talk to person thru procon, they finally fixed that

Other things can't comment too much  yet Smile
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 29th January 2014, 23:44

On server 1 players are talking about significant FPS increases, better netcode and no more black screen when spawning in. Fingers crossed that they're not talking out of their bum holes!
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 29th January 2014, 23:52

Yell get stuck sometimes (not with procon yell) in the middle of the screen. And you can't remove it by sending empty message, because it has prefix Admin. Hmm hope this will be fixed soon.

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 30th January 2014, 02:07; edited 1 time in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 29th January 2014, 23:52

I'll be extremely happy with FPS increases (not that I need them) but it shows a significant improvement on the game if so! Very Happy
UP^ScottehUK

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 29th January 2014, 23:55

DMR:s get buffed but a bit more recoil. Someone said 0hp bug might be fixed, someone said netcode still same no change. AA is changed, a bit less damage to inf.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 29th January 2014, 23:57

ScottehUK wrote:I'll be extremely happy with FPS increases (not that I need them) but it shows a significant improvement on the game if so! Very Happy
I have gtx 760 (factory OC) and use a mixture of medium, high and ultra settings and lock my FPS to 70 (which I rarely dip below, except on Guillin Peaks for some reason when it drops to 50-60fps). It might mean I can turn up one or two of the settings.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 30th January 2014, 00:01

I'm using a GTX 670 (factory OC) and I'm getting anywhere from 50-100 FPS on Ultra. I'm only using a 720p monitor though Wink

This may seem a bit noob, but how do you lock your FPS on BF4? This may help me with occasional dips!
UP^ScottehUK

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 30th January 2014, 00:09

ScottehUK wrote:In using a GTX 670 and I'm going anywhere from 50-100 FPS on Ultra. I'm only using a 720p monitor though Wink

This may seem a bit noob, but how do you lock your FPS on BF4? This may help me with occasional dips!

I'm running 1920x1200. I can run on ultra but my FPS is all over the place, around 40-120 FPS. So I turned down some of the settings, disabled HBAO and limited to 70 FPS max.

You limit it in the user config file or in the console (gametime.maxvariablefps xx), but I actually use the BF4 settings config programme, which lets you change your settings outside of the game: http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/downloads

Also see for creating a config file: http://diaryofdennis.com/2013/11/04/how-to-load-bf-4-console-commands-on-startup-with-a-config-file/
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^ScottehUK on 30th January 2014, 00:15

I'll have a play around with that tonight, cheers Stevie!
UP^ScottehUK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum