Vote us every week
           BF4 Clans - Battlefield 4 websites

Dat sniper plugin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dat sniper plugin

Post by Adrastus_UK on 2nd January 2014, 09:51

Wassup guys! Hope you've all enjoyed the holidays, and good luck getting over the hangovers!

I merely come here to express my annoyance with the sniper plugin on your servers. I understand why it is in place, however, if it's not possible for it to be turned off, then perhaps I'd be able to campaign for the number of snipers to be raised?

Let me picture you this:
You're weaving through the favela-like jungle of Floodzone rush. Picking off distant and gazing Christmas noobs on the opposing team with your newly found L96A1, 'Gabby'. You switch to your pistol to frantically spray your load into the face of a surprise assailant coming at you from your rear. You take a step back for a few moments to gather some precious health points and reload 'Gabby'. You then quickly spot an enemy defusing the MCOM, so you gather my breath, bide your time, and pick him off for the easy headshot. WHEN SUDDENLY **KILLED FOR SNIPER LIMIT**  What a Face 

It's annoying, and to those who testify against my case, turn off the admin immunity to the plugin.

Anywho, that's just my two cents on the matter. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it though.

// Adrastus <3

Adrastus_UK

UP-Points : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: Dat sniper plugin

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 2nd January 2014, 18:31

We dont remove sniperrifle limitation. Its good to have. Just play with other weapon. Simple. To gain immunity, just join UP Smile
Take care and have fun <3
Cheers from warm Thailand Smile
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

UP-Points : 6667
Birthday : 1938-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by M0derator on 2nd January 2014, 21:49

I was actually thinking to lower the limit even more. Still too many useless recons in the game. They don't mind getting killed by this limiter as it doesn't count as death in stats, might make their k/d actually better in some cases.

M0derator
Senior VIP staff member
Senior VIP staff member

UP-Points : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 2nd January 2014, 22:10

If that's the case, then lowering shouldn't make much difference???

At the moment it's set at 3 snipers per team for server 2, and 5 snipers for server 1.

I now what you mean though, on some of the recent games I've been playing on server 2 I have seen a lot more than 3 people on the other team using sniper rifles (I can see scope glint everywhere!!!). Rush is particularly bad for this.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 569

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^AlterRed on 3rd January 2014, 00:23

Yeah. It's an annoying plugin to have, no doubt about that. More annoying is however when half the team is larking off somewhere 300m from the flags, engaging in some form of meta game, trying to kill other snipers. The plugin hurts the individual players, absolutely. A shitty team who's not ptfoing hurts the overall experience more, I'd still argue.
UP^AlterRed
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartaner179 on 3rd January 2014, 08:19

I ask for add a limit for DMRs aswell.. Have a screenshot of a 64men team where 20 (!) recons are there.. Every recon I saw was playing DMR  or Sniperriffle and camped on the sieges of shanghai -.-

Adrastus, Im sorry to read this but you made me laugh Smile
I hope this doesent happen to  often to you but if we lower the limit there are just to many useless sniper who dont play the objectives Sad

Spartaner179

UP-Points : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^RavenVM on 3rd January 2014, 23:56

I totaly see your point Adras Smile 

But as my fellow UP members said ; The limit is here to stay. Before we added this limit some maps where horrible to play due to an rather insane amount of Bolt action campers (We have had matches where 50-75% of the team where just sittin on roofs sniping instead of capin points or attacking / defending bases)

UP^RavenVM
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 7th January 2014, 22:58

And we have to remember how plugin works. When someone kills with sniperrifle, he gets a slot.
Then if he make a kill with pistol or hand grenade, he looses a slot. This means its very dynamic and thus allowing more than actual limit to play with sniperrifle.

Because of this lovely map design that encourages to camp at roofs, gameplay without this limiter would be terrible many times. Sad to say, more camping on BF4 than in BF3...
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrastus_UK on 13th January 2014, 10:06

Sorry for the late reply, lads! Haven't played BF4 in a while, so I'd forgotten about this. Smile

I apologise if this comes out as whining, I merely mean to provoke thought and discussion.  Idea 

Sure, there's the option to play without a sniper. However, snipers, like all other classes, are essential to a successful and functional team. I'm sure at some point you've appreciated the role of an epic sniper on your team when he's picked off that guy who was about to kill you. I do agree that they are highly prevalent in BF4 due to the 'intriguing' map design in the game, however, I think that the limiter (if necessary at all) is set too low.

Alter - I agree, a team of snipers is terrible. Arguably so however, a team without snipers is pretty terrible too. Having tried out China Rising on some 'no sniper' servers, it was pretty boring, and I actually preferred the sniper/mortar-fest. You hit the nail on the head: the plugin hurts individual players; the vast majority of players. You know as well as I that this game would be boring without those random good players that seem to show up on your servers (Cakedealer comes to mind), and I feel this plugin is eventually going to scare off said players if it is kept the way it is.

Spartaner - Yeah, if you're going to limit bolt-action snipers, you may as well limit DMR's too. I find those much more annoying than bolt-
actions... 

Also, you mention useless snipers, but what are the odds that a useless sniper will be just as useless as any other class? I'm willing to bet high.  cyclops 

Raven - Sure, there may be a high percentage of snipers on certain maps. However, there's no reason that you then won't be able to win the game. I'm sure you'd agree if I were to say that most of the time, Rush games aren't a team effort. Individuals or duos typically carry, or in the case of you guys, a squad of you can carry. If you win, you won. If you lose, sure you can blame your team, but you can also learn from that, and the lesson is never going to be 'too many snipers'.

Jarkko <3 - That really doesn't make it dynamic. If somebody gets a kill with a sniper and gets killed because of it, they're not going to change class, they're going to keep using a sniper until they get their slot.

If somebody with a slot gets a kill with a pistol and then switches back to their sniper, they're just going to get annoyed...

Ultimately, I think if all of you believed that the sniper limit is such a great thing, you'd remove yourselves from the immunity list...

**Discuss**  Smile 

My Hard Drive:
As many of you may know, my hard drive passed away last Friday. To commemorate her life and all the memories I have of her, there will be a memorial service hosted on our TS at 7:30pm (GMT) this Friday. All are welcome to attend.
(No flowers please, she never did care for them.)

Adrastus_UK

UP-Points : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 13th January 2014, 11:56

Thank you for your (late) input. I do disagree with 90% of your points but anyway thank you for the feedback. I close this thread now as case closed Smile We were actually thinking to lower the limit in our server 1 but at the moment we keep it as 5 / team Smile

Cheers.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top