Vote us every week
           BF4 Clans - Battlefield 4 websites

FOV changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FOV changes

Post by UP^AlterRed on 10th November 2013, 00:26

So I've been complaining a bit in TS that something with aiming down sights felt different from bf3 - now I figured out what it was. 

In bf3 - no matter what you set your FOV to, it only affected you when you weren't aiming down sights. When you ADSed the FOV always defaulted to the same setting. This has been changed in bf4. 

Aiming down sights with FOV 120: 

http://i.imgur.com/59sCOIw.png

From the same distance, FOV 60: 

http://i.imgur.com/WpsY31l.png

Not necessarily a bad thing - you'll however have to make tradeoffs here. FOV 60 is a pure sniper mode while 120 gives you a fantastic situational awareness but means that you'll be shooting at clusters of 4 pixels when you want to actually kill someone. For me, it means back to the drawing board to figure out where my personal preference lands. One thing's for sure, best to do it now before the muscle memory sets in for a specific FOV.
UP^AlterRed
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 604

Back to top Go down

Re: FOV changes

Post by M0derator on 10th November 2013, 02:02

Some bugs...

M0derator
Senior VIP staff member
Senior VIP staff member

UP-Points : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by M0derator on 10th November 2013, 05:21

Reply from DICE:
For the sake of situational awareness, the ironsights / red dot / holographic optics have in their zoom level data an option that allows FOV scaling.
This allows the player, while aiming down the sights with any of these three, to actually see what is in the sides of the screen, those sides that he just revealed by setting the FOV to 120. This helps given the fact that the ironsights / red dot / holographic optics are intended for close range action.

The other optics, from Magnifier to Ballistic40X we do not use FOV scaling. Which I am sure you have noticed.

This is the intentional design for BF4 regarding optics behaviour after FOV change on PC.

Thank you,

Cristian Pavel
Sometimes that bugs, so that instead of your 2x magnifier you have zoom with you nonzoom sights. Also that bug in my previous post.

M0derator
Senior VIP staff member
Senior VIP staff member

UP-Points : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartaner179 on 11th November 2013, 12:24

I just use the same as in BF3 but I have to say that I just switched it from 90 to 95.
Tested it in the beta at 120 but I couldnt hit sh*t.. But the standart graphic is to slow and you often miss something (or somewho) on the left or right corner on your screen. very helpfull... Wink

Spartaner179

UP-Points : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^AlterRed on 11th November 2013, 12:33

Yeah. Seems like 80 is the magic number for me between keeping some idea of what's happening at my sides & actually hitting anything worth shit.
UP^AlterRed
Staff/moderator
Staff/moderator

UP-Points : 604

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum