Vote us every week
           BF4 Clans - Battlefield 4 websites

So what do you think about the game?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So what do you think about the game?

Post by UP^Lanithro on 1st October 2013, 19:41

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I played the beta like most of you did and I wonder what you think about the game. Let's talk the game itself and not the possible technical difficulties you may have.
UP^Lanithro

UP-Points : 209
Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So what do you think about the game?

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 1st October 2013, 20:34

But to me the technical difficulties were the game until midnight.
Can't tell too much, seems like you can't destroy the buildings the same way as in BC2 had (I still miss that). Recons are way too powerful, it was so annoying to be in the street and headshoted by recons from highest skycraper. Too much roofcamping, if we have a proper tool, we will have recon limits on servers. BF3 did not offer proper tools but recons were not that much problem. Also I found out that so many people used noobtube in Conq Domination, and maybe it should be changed...
This is one map only, I hope that other maps has less places to camp.
But about game, I think it will be good after few patches, game really should encourage people PTFO and that's what our clan is all about : PTFO. I only managed to have a proper gameplay 2 hrs last night, so I can't comment too much. But let's say this game has a lot of potential, with correct patches it will be very good. Btw, you did not give your opinion yet, Lani Smile

Will update the opinion when I play more, these are first impressions of course.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

UP-Points : 6667
Birthday : 1938-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 1st October 2013, 21:13

Yeah it was really annoying getting sniped all the time from a roof across the other side of the map. With range finders and 20x scopes I see this being potentially a big problem in BF4. That said it was fun hunting the snipers down in the attack chopper.

And other people were permanently camped on roofs just above the objectives (eg the glass roof above the shopping mall, meaning you have to clear the roof before proceeding to capture the flag). And not a lot of people were actually PTFOing, so it felt like you were attacking objectives with little support from your team.

I liked that the vehicles are easier to drive/control now and that the passengers/gunners in the transport choppers have a much bigger arc of fire now.

I think once they sort out the performance issues this game going to look great.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

UP-Points : 569

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Lanithro on 1st October 2013, 21:23

Well I like the game so far. 
The running seems so slow in comparisation to BF3.
Also I don't get sucked in the game like I do in BF3. BF# seems moore realistic. for example, when an attack chopper attacks me in BF3 everything tells me I need to take cover. In BF4 I dont get this feeling. Also what I miss is when the skycraper falls I dont see a tsunami or debris floating in the water. The water is as calm as it was before.
Dont get me starten on the Recoil on the Engineer weapon. It is insane....
UP^Lanithro

UP-Points : 209
Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 1st October 2013, 21:30

Yeah, it didn't seem as immersive as BF3, but for me that could be partly down to performance issues and having to put the game on the lowest settings (which only helped a little), and I don't like the design of the ingame icons - they seem to big and clumsy, kind of cartoonish.

But I definitely had fun playing.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 1st October 2013, 21:45

And I thought it was funny that on the first day of release several players were making hackusations against other players.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxxieBor on 1st October 2013, 21:57

its very awesome game! its like real! was playing for 10 minutes yesterday and today 10 seconds because of to many lags
MaxxieBor
Friends of UP
Friends of UP

UP-Points : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 1st October 2013, 22:09

UP^Bor2013 wrote:its very awesome game! its like real! was playing for 10 minutes yesterday and today 10 seconds because of to many lags
I think with 10 minutes and 10 seconds, you can't tell too much about game Smile 
Do the trick I did to my game, it can help you a bit Smile
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxxieBor on 1st October 2013, 23:31

treu but i wont play with to many lag
MaxxieBor
Friends of UP
Friends of UP

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^TheShepherd008 on 2nd October 2013, 08:23

I find it a bit underwhelming so far, already getting a bit tired of the map. I am playing on the lowest settings, that might be a reason.

I will give it some more time later.

UP^TheShepherd008

UP-Points : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxxieBor on 2nd October 2013, 08:57

i am back playing bf4 begin nov
MaxxieBor
Friends of UP
Friends of UP

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD on 2nd October 2013, 22:03

BF4 Beta!

For me it is BF 3.1. Some more squad options more gungadgets, some new maps.

Shanghai map looks  little boring. Sound issue. you don't hear any chinese commercials from the big skyscrapper tfts. The city - even it's evacuated is imo "empty" without any life or atmosphere. I would see running civillians, civillians hiding in offices, blablabla cause the map looks like it is the beginning of the attack.

Still searching the levelolution-thing. Only at Beta and Charly Flag you can destroy more.

Recon Discussion: Still no Ghillie Suit ;-) Never get killed by an Recon at the BETA ;-)

Roofcamping isnt nice. You can't hide at the top of the roof ;-) 

Soflam is very cool at the moment.

Spoting is overpowered now I can spot above the whole map from the top of a skyscratcher - even if the enemy is behind a building... I guess it is a beta issue.

For 64 players the shanghai map is much to big, ok maybe they are all camping at the roofs or are sitting in vehicles. Only on special places (around C Flag) and the bridges you have close actions...
UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD
VIP member
VIP member

UP-Points : 90
Birthday : 1977-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 2nd October 2013, 22:25

Levolution works as it should. I totally disagree with you Spalt about recons and roof campers.
I will continue:
1) roofcamping too much in Siege of Shanghai
2) recons way too accurate now, I have been shot down by reacons from 1 KM high many times, hope helicopters and commanders can solve this problem. Camping recons destroy teamplay and PTFO.
3) Assault: Reviving too hard, defibs are slow and can be charged only 3 times, then it will have a long cooloff time. Medipacks nearly useless. Reviving time only 3 seconds!!!! That's lame

This game should courage to a teamplay not a roofcamping!

I hope they do some fixes especially to Assault class and some solution for roofcamping.

Another thing, this elevator, it has a big ring when it comes up, people are camping at roof (surprise recons again) with c4 and just blowing C4 when you come up. At least they should removed ring sound.

Sound problems: I dont hear at all enemy steps, in BF3 I heard a bit now not at all.

But with fixes this game can be quite good.

I complained already to BF4 forums about short reviving time, I hope someone else do the same.
This is making reviving nearly impossible.
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 2nd October 2013, 23:48

I agree with Jaska. Far too much roof camping on this map and not many players PFTOing. I was constantly getting sniped from roofcampers at the other side of the map. Most of the action is at Charlie (both before and after levolution) and the shopping mall at D, with everyone camping on the surrounding roofs, and very little action at the other objectives. And everyone camps the lifts. The only way to get on the roofs stealthy and without being instantly killed is parachuting in.

I think the recon is going to be OP in this game. Especially with C4, PLD, range finders and 14x and 20x scopes. I think max scope should be 8x, there is no need for more. If you're shooting people from a distance that requires a 20x scope then you're not PTFOing.

I also think lock-on RPG with OHK is a bad idea. Means there is no reason to use stinger and it's far too easy to do, particularly with half the team playing as recons.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 3rd October 2013, 00:25

Last edited by UP^Jaskaman on 3rd October 2013, 00:33; edited 1 time in total
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 3rd October 2013, 00:33

I have been, in various posts.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 3rd October 2013, 00:34

About roofcamping and recon class, I hope this time we have tools to limit ingame recon classes / team.

And on this thread, where angry recon players are commenting to me against my comment.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955064762803866903/last/post_2955064762866616215
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD on 3rd October 2013, 20:17

take it easy jaska. Its the beta.

hunt them with a heli and the roofcampers are history.

maybe you get headshoted or killed by roofcampers everytime because 5 campers shooting at you and someone got the lucky shot and the other cratches you..

As the king of camper recon number one I made the experience in my short beta time: slower bullet speed, bullet drop totally shitty, with the "velocity-smoke-shit-bullets" you dont even see if you hit. Headshots at moving targets are more lucky shots. Without bipod its mmore gamble at longdistance shots.

now more camper noobs on the roof easier kills for me from the groundlevel.

pistols are now awesome!!

but maybe we should put only 5 recons slots at our servers...

I miss my spawn beacon!
UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD
VIP member
VIP member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 3rd October 2013, 21:09

But with range finders and sight zeroing, bullet drop shouldn't be issue, only the bullet velocity.
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD on 3rd October 2013, 23:06

UP^StevieZombie wrote:But with range finders and sight zeroing, bullet drop shouldn't be issue, only the bullet velocity.
The sight zeroing didn't worked pretty well in my short time of playing. Ive got only I guess a 8x or 12x scope with the beginner weapons without the sight zeroing...

In BF3 it was harder for me to kill motionless enemies - lag of skill I guess - but in BF 3.1 (BF4) it's easier for me shooting camping snipers at the roof and thats nice ;-)

Anyway I still miss the sneaky manoevers like in the BFBC2 jungle maps. Sneaking near a enemy flag, camp there be a spawnpoint for your squad, capture the flag and defend the facking flag. In BF3 we are running from flag A to flag B, capturing flag B and on the way to flag C we already lost flag A. but this is a different dicussion. Nowadays after over 6 month proud member of UP I change my kind of play. I'm using autosniper rifles or PDWs and running like a headless freak to the objectives... Died 5times get revived by "Necromancer-Assault-Jaska" and capturing the objectives. and still hear in TS "SPALT!!! Stopppp camping! Play Assault!!!"" Rolling Eyes 

Maybe they should redesign the classes:
the Assault should only have a limited amount of medipacs but ammoboxes
the "sniper" only a limited field of moving with his sniper-rifles (guarding from the spawn base or only moving field near the own base - so it would be boring and noone will play the class)
the recon class with DMR-Weapons
a Medic with PDWs and Medipacs, defribilator, combat-drugs, medics for gas attacks
a engineer/biohazard-expert
a demolition/support

more like TeamFortress2: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Classes

but anyway we will still have fun in BF4 even with "overpowered" RECONS/SNIPERS... - and "necroassaults"...  Embarassed 
How the bloody hell where I can camp in the bushes...

Last edited by UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD on 3rd October 2013, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD
VIP member
VIP member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^StevieZombie on 3rd October 2013, 23:11

There will be lots of bushes in Paracel Storm Very Happy
UP^StevieZombie
VIP staff member
VIP staff member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD on 3rd October 2013, 23:25

UP^StevieZombie wrote:There will be lots of bushes in Paracel Storm Very Happy
I hope I get my Ghillie Suit back Shocked
UP^Spalt_N_auf_LSD
VIP member
VIP member

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^Jaskaman on 3rd October 2013, 23:40

Necromancer thingy does not work in BF4, if revive window is 3 seconds and you have to charge paddles. So it will not be reviving party on the current setup. And you still camp a lot Spalt, maybe if we think non moving spalt and bit moving Spalt, now you are a bit moving Spalt instead of non moving Spalt Razz
UP^Jaskaman
Owner/main admin
Owner/main admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^TheShepherd008 on 3rd October 2013, 23:56

Changed my mind a bit. We had a good game yesterday, had quite a bit a revives too. If you stay close together reviving worked ok. But revive time could be a bit longer.

I like that you can use your pistol in the water, counter-knifing works pretty good too.

Most roofcampers can be dealt with in more than one way. Still don't really like the map though.

I look forward to the final release and all maps.

UP^TheShepherd008

Back to top Go down

Post by UP^TheShepherd008 on 4th October 2013, 03:36

Yesterday I played a game with an active commander. Don't know if it was a coincidence, but fightings seemed to be more intense around all the flags. Especially when UAV came up, all those red triangles lured many teammates to the flags.

UP^TheShepherd008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum